With the Memorial Day holiday weekend fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about what food you’re going to offer at your upcoming get together – or take to the home of your host.
- Monkey Cake Makes Monkey Work!
Monkey Cake is a great dessert options that your guests are sure to love because you get to pull them apart, making it more fun.
This Monkey Cake is very simple to make and tastes great anytime of the day.
What you’ll need:
- 4 8 ounce tubes of biscuits. (Do not use buttermilk biscuits.)
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- 2/3 cup sugar.
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon.
1. In saucepan, heat one cup sugar and butter. Bring to a boil.
2. In a large bowl with a lid, mix 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
3. Grease a tube baking pan.
4. Take 2 cans of biscuits and cut them into quarters. Place them in the large bowl with sugar and cinnamon – shake until biscuits are covered. Put coated biscuits into tube pan and pour half of the butter/sugar mixture over it. If you’d like to add nuts or raisins, do so now.
5. Take remaining 2 cans of biscuits and quarter. Repeat step 4.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
I hope that you do enjoy this very simple Monkey Cake recipe the next time you decide to bake! It’s definitely worth giving a try the next time you want to do something different with refrigerated biscuits.
With the official summer kick-off holiday of Memorial Day weekend just around the corner, it’s a great time to try a new recipe or two for your holiday get together.
If you’re looking for a cool dessert that’s sure to please guests of all ages, you’ll want to be sure to offer this blueberry dessert salad. Don’t be surprised if several of your guests want this recipe so they can make it for themselves at home.
Luckily, this easy dessert only requires 8 ingredients and can be put together ahead of time, so you can focus on things like BBQ’ing, swimming, playing cornhole or whatever plans and activities you have planned.
What you’ll need:
- 2 boxes of Grape flavored gelatin mix.
- 1 can of blueberry pie filling.
- 1 can undrained crushed pineapple.
- 8 ounces cream cheese.
- 1/2 pint sour cream.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1 cup chopped pecans.
Mix gelatin in 2 cups hot water. Add pineapple, pie filling and 1/2 cup of pecans. Place in refrigerator until firm. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla – beating until smooth.
Spread cream cheese mixture on top of gelatin mixture. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top. Chill and serve.
As you can see, this recipe takes a relatively short period of time to prepare, but it’s big on flavor and makes a great addition to any holiday party – heck, it’s actually a great dessert option for everyday!
I hope that if you decide to make this, you’ll enjoy it as much as I do. Cheers!